Thursday, January 3, 2013

2013 House Goals for the New Year


Concrete and posts for our fence project
The other day I wrote a post on food goals for this year and today I would like to summarize some goals for our work in progress house. I debated whether or not to post this since I am still working on summarizing what we have done to the house up to this point, but since this blog is to help keep me accountable and to help me recall what did and did not work for us, I figured I might as well write them down. Maybe I'll be finished with what we completed in 2012 and can summarize what we have accomplished by 2014!

Most of what we hope to accomplish this year stem around the garden and maintenance and upgrade items. The Mister and I travel a bit for our work so ensuring that maintenance is top of the list is vital to the upkeep of our home. Here are some goals broken into categories.

Outdoors
  • Finish building the privacy fence
  • Seal the fence
  • Lay pine straw around the perimeter of the property
  • Build garden boxes  
  • Plant vegetables and herbs
  • Plant trees
  • Clean up front flower bed (ongoing)
  • Build a small greenhouse

Indoors
  • Sand and paint the dining room built-in cabinets
  • Sand and paint the hallway
  • Add insulation in the attic
  • His bedroom closet redo
  • Hers bedroom closet redo
  • Pantry/Appliance closet redo
  • Install doors in the master bedroom
  • Build a shoe cubby
We feel these should be attainable and as with most things we do, the lists are always evolving!


No comments:

Post a Comment