A collection of our House Renovation posts and pictures
Click on the rooms for links to pictures, pages, and projects.
We moved into our home in early 2012 and our house continues to be a work in progress. We have gutted rooms, removed walls, installed crown molding and painted most of the spaces. As we continue to use the space, our plans and ideas for our home keep evolving and the list of projects grows. Although we have not identified a style for our home, above all, we want it to be warm and inviting and comfortable and fun. Perhaps one day we will settle on an idea or style we like, but for now, we will continue to make progress a little at a time.
- Living Room Renovation - When we purchased the home, we were greeted with wall-to-wall pink carpet and were elated to discover wood flooring beneath the carpet.
- We owned these bookcases for six years before deciding to paint the bookcases
Kitchen / Dining Room
- Kitchen/Dining Renovation Part 1 - When we purchased the home, the kitchen was narrow and closed off from the dining area. We removed a wall to open up the space between the kitchen and dining areas.
- Kitchen/Dining Renovation Part 2 - The renovation continued as new drywall was added as well as refinishing the floors.
- Painting the Built-In Cabinets in the dining area made a huge difference. No more off-white cabinets!
- Office Renovation Part 1 - Removing the wall-to-wall beige carpet and painting the walls and ceiling white helped the space look brighter.
- Office Renovation Part 2 - Installing crown molding and refinishing the floor helped to complete the construction of the space.
- We have finally acknowledged that this room is more than just an office and are beginning to rethink this multi-purpose space.
- Bedroom Renovation - Removal of the wall-to-wall beige carpet, painting the trim white and installing crown molding. Perhaps we will finish those closet doors.
- Adding a Rug
- Bedroom Renovation - Removal of the wall-to-wall beige carpet, painting the trim white and installing crown molding.
- No posts yet
- No posts yet.
- Bathroom Renovation Part 1 - Tearing out the pink floor to ceiling tile and widening the bathroom
- Bathroom Renovation Part 2 - Installing the tub, subfloor, and tile
- Bathroom Renovation Part 3 - Painting, installing molding and fixtures
- Laundry and Water Heater Closet Renovation Part 1 - See how the Laundry room looked prior to renovation and during the tile laying process
- Laundry and Water Heater closet Renovation Part 2 - See what adding molding and a fresh coat of paint can do to the laundry room, plus our wish list for 2013
- Also, check out our Pantry Organization and Pantry Wish list
- Tree and Shrub Removal for fence installation