Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 Food Goals for the New Year

Happy New Year to everyone! A time for setting resolutions or goals as I like to periodically set for myself. One of the goals I have for myself is to become a better cook so to ring in the new year I'd like to set a few milestones for myself to work towards that goal.

Over the last few years, my mother-in-law has been collecting Southern Living Annual Recipe books for us. We now have eighteen of these volumes ranging from the year 1980 to the year 2000. These books are a collection of recipes from the Southern Living magazines and arranged by month. I have pulled out quite a few recipes to try, but never can remember which ones worked well for us and which ones didn't. Hopefully by documenting our efforts and the recipes here, I will be better able to keep up with what worked and what may need tweaking for our tastes.
Our Southern Living cookbook collection and a sneak peek at the Dining Room

To help me reach my goal, I'd like to cook at least
  • Two recipes from the Southern Living Annual Recipes per month (preferably vegetable based)
  • attempt one biscuit recipe a month (the Mister really likes biscuits)
  • and bake and decorate three cakes for the year
Perhaps by the end of the year I would have gained a few skills and documented a few recipes that my family will continue to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment