I think we have a shoe problem. Between the two of us we own:
- 6 pairs sandals
- 6 pairs dress shoes (including heels)
- 2 pairs boots
- 4 pairs tennis shoes
- 3 pairs house shoes
That’s 20 pairs of shoes for two people and the fact that we do not wear shoes indoors with exception of house shoes means they get piled by the door causing a tripping hazard for both the two-legged and four-legged members of the family.
I have been enviously eyeing some simple small mudroom solutions for our space which could corral the shoes and the dog items and bags and other items we take with us as we leave the house. Here are a few of my must haves:
- Must have a seat. The Mister takes my work chair away from me every time he needs to pull his shoes on or take them off which means by the end of the week his shoes usually start to encroach my work area!
- Must contain shoes. A basket or a cubby (or several!) would be nice to contain the shoes.
- Must store dog items. We need a way to be able grab the dog items or grocery bags on our way out while still maintaining some order near the door.
- Must fit behind the door. Our space is approximately 15” deep and 42” wide and is in close proximity to a space heater so flammability needs to be taken into consideration.
Something similar to these photos from Houzz would be nice:
|Or this Pottery Barn Entryway Bench and Shelf|