Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Honey-Pecan Finger Pies, SL 1990

My mom had been hinting at how much she enjoyed my pecan desserts so I decided to try a new recipe on her. At first she said they were okay and would be good with coffee. The next day she said the taste was even better and could not stop sampling them. She was not alone, however, as The Mister and I helped her finish off these delicious treats over the course of the weekend. These pecan bars were delicious!
Mrsmisadventure

Honey-Pecan Finger Pies

From Southern Living 1990 Annual Recipes, Page 184

Crust:
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter

Using a pastry blender, cut butter into the flour and sugar. Press the crust mix into a 9-inch square baking pan.(I used an 8 inch square pan.) Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.

Pecan Topping:
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup honey
3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
2 eggs
2 Tbsp butter
1 1/2 tsp vanilla (I reduced this to 1 tsp as that was what I had.)
1 cup chopped pecans

In a bowl, stir sugar, honey, flour, salt, eggs, butter (melted), vanilla, and pecans. Pour over baked crust. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. (I baked a little longer as the center did not appear done.) Allow the pie to cool before cutting into bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment