Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Corn Pudding, SL1981

I really enjoy planting and harvesting a garden (the weeding, not so much.). My mom's neighbor also grows a large garden every year. This year, they had an abundance of corn to harvest and they kindly shared with us. After shucking and cleaning the corn, The Mister and I removed the kernels and stored it in the freezer.

A dinner with friends offered up a great reason to try making Corn Pudding. It reminded me of the corn pudding I ate at my grandmother's house many years ago. Our guests must have thought the same as this spoonful was all that was left for me to photo after our party. :)

It doesn't look pretty, but it was tasty.

Corn Pudding

From the Southern Living 1981 Annual Recipes, Page 128
  • 2 cups corn kernels (We used fresh kernels from the freezer.)
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 3 tbsp sugar
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 cups milk
  • 2 beaten eggs
  • 1 Tbsp melted butter
In a large bowl, combine corn kernels, flour, sugar, and salt, stirring to mix. In a separate bowl, (I used my mixing cup), mix the milk, eggs and melted butter, then pour into the corn mix. Stir to mix. Bake in a dish at 350 degrees for one hour. ( I used a greased 1 3/4 quart square baking dish.) Stir at the 15 minute mark and the 30 minute mark. It looked pretty dry on the outside, but the inside was still somewhat moist.

No comments:

Post a Comment