Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Chocolate Chip Cookies, SL1986

These chocolate chip cookies were a hit! They received great reviews and tasted wonderfully soft and chocolaty. I may have slipped in a few extra chocolate chips though. Great warm out of the oven and with a tall glass of milk. I made two batches of these - one with semisweet chocolate morsels and one with milk chocolate morsels.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

From the Southern Living 1986 Annual Recipes, page 245

  • 1 cup softened butter
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 5 tsp water
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
  • 1 1/3 cups chopped pecans (I omitted these.)

In a mixer, I beat the butter until creamy then slowly added sugar to the butter. When all of the sugar was added, I added eggs one at a time, then added the water and vanilla. Once the wet ingredients were combined, I added flour and baking soda to the wet ingredients until combined. I just added the chocolate morsels (and pecans if using) to the mix as the mixer was on. I then used a cookie scoop to measure the cookie dough and immediately froze the measured dough on baking sheets. Once frozen, I stored the balled cookie dough in freezer bags until I was ready to bake them. On the day of baking, I placed the frozen cookie dough a couple inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet and baked for 8-10 minutes at 375 degrees.






No comments:

Post a Comment