Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Homemade Marshmallows From DL

Having made homemade Oreos and crackers, I felt that marshmallows would make a fabulous addition to homemade foods that you would normally see on the supermarket shelves.

I followed the recipe directions posted by David Lebovitz for Homemade Marshmallows. For my first attempt, these turned out very well (most items do not turn out so well- haha). I made the marshmallows when the temperature reached 87 degrees, rain was falling and the humidity was high. I say this as it may have had an affect on the drying time (or ability to dry) of the marshmallows. After adding additional marshmallow mix and shaking vigorously in a sealed container, the marshmallows seemed to attain a more marshmallowy and less wet/sticky consistency. These marshmallows were tasty! So far, I have added them to ice cream, hot chocolate, and pumpkin soup. Thanks David Lebovitz for a great recipe!

MrsMisadventure

No comments:

Post a Comment