Thursday, January 2, 2014

Resolutions 2014

Happy New Year Everyone! This is going to be a year of organizing, cleaning and exploration for me. I have several projects in the works and many more planned. I am so excited to get started (and finished)!

Food Goals for the year will be similar to last year. I hope to:
  • Continue trying recipes from the Southern Living Annuals. At least two per month and definitely more vegetable recipes.
  • Decorate at least three cakes. I make several cakes a year, but not all of them are decorated. I have a decorated cake planned for January, a King Cake (not an actual cake in my book) has been requested for February, and a Caramel Cake (not decorated) has been requested for September.
  • Make bread, but find someone to eat it. I love the smell of homemade bread fresh out of the oven (and our household loves to eat the bread too!). However, The Mister’s ongoing low carb diet will not allow this wonderful food to stay in our household, lest he is tempted to consume it. So, I’ve got to sneak a small piece and give the remaining away to someone who enjoys homemade bread.
House Goals for the year include cleaning and getting organized
  • Starting in the Office. (AKA The dumping ground)
  • Moving to the master bedroom closets including the doors
  • And hopefully finish (start!) painting the hallway

Exploring interests for the year include
  • Reupholster a chair
  • Sewing projects. Inspired by both my mother-in-law and my friend, I hope to become better acquainted with the sewing machine.
             - Sew a skirt for me
- Sew fabric baskets
- Sew a small quilt
  • Take a photography course
  • Travel – Although in the past year we have visited Oklahoma City, Taipei, and Chesapeake Bay, we would like to visit some of the local festivals and activities within our area.
  • Keep writing! I started this blog as an exercise in writing creatively. While I am still trying to find my “voice”, I am delighted to skim over the pictures to see how far we have come in the last couple years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment